What are Veterans Campaign’s Campaign-Training Workshops?
Veterans Campaign’s workshops are non-partisan, non-ideological training programs for veterans who want to run for office and for the staff members who will work on their campaigns. The workshops are taught by veteran elected officials, policy experts, campaign consultants and members of the media.
(From left right): U.S. Representatives Tim Walz (MN), Tom Rooney (FL), and Ann Marie Buerkle (NY) delivering keynote speeches at a previous workshop.
What you’ll gain by participating:
- Keynote speeches and advice from veteran candidates who won their seats. (Previous keynote speakers have included U.S. Representatives Tim Walz, Tom Rooney, and Ann Marie Buerkle, Senator Michael Enzi, and Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden among others.)
- Lessons learned from veteran candidates who lost.
- Practical information on fundraising, media management, field operations, using the Internet and social media in campaigns, and other veteran-specific subjects.
- A primer of legal requirements for veterans seeking office.
- Networking opportunities with people of similar backgrounds and goals.
- A free copy of The Candidate’s Field Manual, a Veterans Campaign publication that is a must-have guidebook for any serious veteran candidate ($50.00 value).
“I learned more from this workshop than from all my other sources combined from preparing my current campaign.” – Stephen Spelman, D.A. Candidate, Springfield, MA
If you need financial assistance for travel and/or lodging purposes, please apply for one of our limited workshop scholarships, please click here:www.veteranscampaign.org/scholarships/