MA in Public Leadership
The MA in Public Leadership program uses a hybrid approach with online instruction augmented with five in-person seminars over the course of the program.
Program Learning Outcomes
- demonstrate advanced skills in writing, research, statistics, analysis, and oral presentation suitable for political and policy professionals
- comprehend theoretical models and concepts of democratic participation and accountability, as well as current policy challenges, and demonstrate the capacity to apply these lessons in real-world settings
- apply knowledge gained in the classroom to various political settings in the community
- understand the nature of political power, mechanisms for aggregating interests, and how to influence the process in an ethical manner
- interact with politicians as well as professionals from fields including campaigns, advocacy, community organizing, strategic communications, public policy, and public service