Our programming includes:
- Campaign Workshops: Veterans Campaign holds weekend workshops across the country to teach Veterans the fundamental skills they need to run a successful campaign.
- Distinguished Speakers Series: A monthly forum for veteran politicians and senior leaders in government to share their experiences and answer questions with aspiring veterans in an informal environment.
- Research and Analysis: Veterans Campaign continually researches the performance of veterans in politics, including successful campaign tactics for veterans on the local, state, and federal levels.
- The Candidates Field Manual is a one of a kind guide, published by Veterans Campaign, that provides veterans with everything they need to know to win.
The signature event of Veterans Campaign: workshops are held each year across the country to provide veterans the essential tools they need to win elections.
Workshops cover all aspects of campaigning, such as preparing to run, fundraising, media relations, and field operations. Veteran-specific subjects include:
- Bulletproofing your service record
- Legal pitfalls for reservists & retirees
- Avoiding getting pigeonholed as a ‘veteran candidate’
Workshops have featured an array of high-quality speakers, including Senator Mike Enzi; Representatives Tim Walz, Chris Gibson, Tom Rooney, Ann Marie Buerkle, Patrick Murphy, and Jim Marshall. Our instructor cadre includes campaign managers, leading campaign consultants from every specialty, PAC managers, community activists, political correspondents, pundits, and leaders of veterans' service organizations.